Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Wood Thread Nut Problem

I re-acquired a butcher block cart my father and I built years ago. A
bit of abuse but bones in good shape. One issue is omni-directional
metal wheels. They came loose but damage to the nuts and holes
moderately loose. Was easy to unscrew from wood but thread nuts came
out with wheels and I'm unable to separate them from wheel shaft.
Thread nuts are brass. I'm short on tools and hate to waste perfectly
good metal wheels because nuts are stuck. Any ideas on how to separate
shaft from thread nut without damage to either? Thanks