Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Kettles

On Sat, 08 May 2021 17:59:23 +0000, Johnny B Good wrote:

Within an hour of reading this thread my Daewoo glass electric kettle
failed! The fault was in the neutral connection in the base which I
fixed by opening the base up and bending the spring. Opening the base
was tricky because the screws had special slots with three radial
grooves spaced 120 deg apart.
They really didn't want anyone to fix it.

I have the usual set of security bits. However, I found that they weren't
long enough to reach into the deep recess for screws on one kettle. I
bodged it by half filling the recess in the screwdriver with suitably
sized nuts.

I now have a nice Wera screwdriver set with long bits. I was given a
Machine Mart voucher for Father's Day, and spent it on that.