Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Well that's annoying/educational!

In message , AJH
writes
On 08/05/2021 10:53, Tim Lamb wrote:

snip
Gutter position was always going to be an issue as the thickness of
insulation and the 4" cut back drip are well across even a 6" gutter.
The situation worsens as there is only one suitable place for the soak
preventing a dual slope gutter and access is very restricted due to a
lean-to glasshouse along most of the wall:-(
Current thinking is to see how it performs in different rain
patterns with a fall back plan to fit a 90degree deflector to the roof
edge. Need to avoid splash/mist gathering on the exposed insulation.

I added a simple [ section to mine with stitching screws. The lower
legs of the channel section being bent a slightly more acute angle. I
coated the inside with bitumastic paint and this became my end cap and
gutter.

My first shallow pitch roof in AS35 insulated. The frame was built for
big six and originally had an *eaves beam* gutter.

I have some left over Z section purlins and could halve those to stitch
on.

It may be less of a problem with heavier rain..

--
Tim Lamb