Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Charging Jump Starter Pack

On 07/05/2021 22:26, RJH wrote:
Would it be OK to charge on of these:

https://www.walteronline.com/en/tool...mpressor-p3155

(jump starter/compressor/light/USB) by connecting the jump leads to a car
battery charger, rather than use the supplied AC adapter?

IME these are pretty indifferent products, they don't contain much of a
battery, and the compressors are feeble too. Being lead acid you do have
to keep them charged regularly.

I have a couple of Lithium Ion car starters, and they are brilliant. The
smallest is literally pocketable, about half the size of a standard
paperback and will still fit in a jacket pocket with the leads and big
croc clips. This is more than enough for a 1.3 petrol engine.

The larger is about 20x10x6cm and I am sure would do a large petrol or
small diesel engine.

IME these hold their charge very well, I probably only check them once
or twice a year.

The tyre pump that comes with my Honda is pretty good, and I have
something like this for my 3500 van.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasic...dp/B074DD8NVY/

which has a great deal more "oomph" than the toy things that are
sometimes on offer at petrol stations.