Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On 8 May 2021 15:26:16 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 08 May 2021 at 13:30:47 BST, T i m wrote:

On 8 May 2021 11:00:14 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

T r o l l still hasn't grasped the basics, namely that we are all (all
mammals, that is) born with the ability to process lactose. From Wikipedia:

"Infant mammals nurse on their mothers to drink milk, which is rich in
lactose."

so that includes humans, most particularly babies.

Yes, and? Where does wiki say that human babies are best raised on
cows milk?

It doesn't, and they aren't, and no one has suggested they should be.

So why the (/YOUR) focus / distraction with babies then?

Yup, because of the circumstances / cultures / religions of 'some
people', those people have *developed a tolerance to something they
were never designed in nature to consume, certainly after they had
weaned themselves*.

No, ****-for-brains, they haven't developed a tolerance. The point is thay
*haven't* developed an *intolerance*.

Semantics (re the actual point of course).

Which is not the same thing at all. Getting a clue yet?

Let's see (and see how much harder your faceplant ends up being ...)

So, when you are a baby you (naturally) drink the milk (of the same
species) until you are weaned, *THEN YOU STOP DRINKING MILK AND GO
ONTO SOLIDS* (****-for-brains).

If you then (unnaturally) *continue drinking milk, after you have
weaned*, yes, you *then* continue the infant lactose tolerance.

But no animal does that so WTF do you think it's 'perfectly natural'
that we do, and if we then do again, after we have weaned, as adults,
there is a more than 60% chance (worldwide) that we will then be
intolerant of it?

What part of any of that makes you think it's something that we should
be doing, especially as adults in 2021? The fact that we have taken
thousands of years to become tollerant to a food that was never meant
for us in the first place (and the children of mothers have to be
killed for us to have) doesn't ring any alarm bells with you?

Well, it might be different for you as you are probably now back on
rusks and eat your solids blended though a straw. ;-(

So, just so you realise what we are *actually* talking about (before
you try any more desperate distraction bollox) ...

OK, a little backgrounder for you on what cows would look like in
nature and when we exploit them (into milk making machines):
https://ibb.co/XVHHvxf

Does this look comfortable for her (should you give a fcuk etc)?
https://ibb.co/59x8X9c

Does this look like she could run from a predator easily?
https://ibb.co/qRQD1MV

Look how proud they are about what they are doing ...
https://ibb.co/54WVzw1

Another reason why we should be using alternatives:
https://ibb.co/RNfst01

Plus all the methane, pollution, waste, suffering and death, I really
don't know why anyone would support it (in 2021).

Well, I do ... it's because 'that's what they have always done' *so*
it's ok to carry on doing it. No chance of any updating their views to
match the changing circumstances or even any consideration for the
animals themselves, now they have such a massive range of
alternatives?

Try any justify it if you like but you won't change the *fact* that
suckling on the teat of a different species is both weird and
unnatural.

https://ibb.co/CvQTxM5

Cheers, T i m