Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default More Actual Woodworking

Well to steer the discussion back to woodworking I have done some
practice work with my Shaper Origin.

I am knee deep in a Murphy bed and tower cabinets build.

I build one of these right at 10 years ago and used the same supplier of
Murphy bed hardware.

But this Murphy bed kit is a bit more fancy and adjustable. The other
bed only required holes up to 1" in diameter to be drilled. Same with
this one however there are extra parts that nees a 3/4" x 3.5" x 1/4
deep mortise that has 3/4" radius ends.

So drill two 3/4" holes and chisel chisel chisel, and cuss.

"OR"

Pull out the Origin and let it do all!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

So no computer, no drawings. All necessary set up is done on the Origin
screen.

Obviously I told it to drill a couple of holes a certain depth and used
the cross hairs on the Origin screen while zoomed in, to match the cross
hairs on the material.

Perfect, Except the object that needed to fit the 1' hole would not
fit. Pulling our my calipers the object measured 1.008". I told Origin
to make that existing hole .01" larger. No additional alignment to do
this, Origin already knew what it had done and exactly where. The
second pass and the part fit perfectly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

On to the mortise. I use the Origin onboard tools to instruct the
Origin to cut a rectangle 3/4" x 3.5" x 1/4" deep with the 3/8" radius ends.
Again, aligned with cross hairs and cut the mortise. And again too
tight of a fit and an extra pass .01" larger and the part went right in.
;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/