Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: The CoOp leading the way?

On Fri, 7 May 2021 05:55:29 -0700 (PDT), Owain Lastname
wrote:

On Friday, 7 May 2021 at 12:23:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Venison is one of the most animal-friendly and environment-friendly meats to eat.

'Animal friendly', killing it? It's just that I'm sure it would
rather be doing what they do than laying in pieces on your plate?

It could live starving in a hedge somewhere, which is what happens when deer aren't managed.

Oh, I wonder how they managed for the thousands (millions?) of years
before we arrived?

And what when we take that further and more intensively farm them like
we do with cows, pigs, sheep and chickens?

Not sure that will ever be possible.

We camped near a 'reindeer farm' about 20 years ago so it's been
possible to some level for a long time.

A lot of venison sold in the UK is farmed in New Zealand. I'd rather see and support UK production.

So would I, production of food without all the cruelty, exploitation
and death.

Cheers, T i m