Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default OT: The CoOp leading the way?

On 6 May 2021 at 18:44:14 BST, "alan_m" wrote:

On 06/05/2021 14:49, T i m wrote:
It looks like the CoOp are leading a drive to reduce the disparity
between the cost of meat and animal_cruelty_free alternatives.

https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-...--7909926.html

In my experience the Coop is the most expensive retailer of food items
in the market place, especially where they have a near monopoly in rural
areas.

Around my way where there is competition from not only the main
supermarkets, both German supermarkets and quite a few independents
their stores have closed over the past decade.

I wonder when we'll* stop obsessing about price and think about wider costs
like animal welfare, sustainable farming and working conditions? Barely a
mention in this thread - just money.

* those who can afford to choose
--
Cheers, Rob