Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default OT: The CoOp leading the way?

"Owain Lastname" wrote in message
On Thursday, 6 May 2021 at 14:49:44 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
It looks like the CoOp are leading a drive to reduce the disparity
between the cost of meat and animal_cruelty_free alternatives.
https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-...--7909926.html

The prices the Co-op charge for stuff, they can slash their prices all
they want. It's like Allied Carpets having a "Sale".

And the Co-op would love to see us reducing our emissions as the only way
they can sell more overpriced stuff in their convenience stores is if
people can't take the car or bus to proper supermarkets. Which is why most
Co-ops are in places where people already can't afford a car or bus.
Because they're more expensive than bloody Waitrose. And they don't even
sell aubergines (Co-op that is.)

Pineapple Co-op £1.15, Aldi 59p, Waitrose £1
6 Tomatoes Co-op 75p, Aldi 49p, Waitrose 75p

which Aldi is this?

cos round my way, the saving on buying 6 tomatoes in Aldi against
Sainsbury/Tesco is 4p (65 v 69)