Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Complete 3D House in 5 days?

On Thu, 6 May 2021 15:10:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/6/2021 2:19 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:55:06 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/6/2021 7:11 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 6:59:14 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/5/2021 1:12 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 9:51:45 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton

I did not read this whole summary but laws have been around a long time:

You should read the whole summary. Individual states started passing immigration
laws after the Civil War. There's almost 100 years of U.S. history (and something
like 150 years of colonial history prior to that) before the Civil War.

https://www.history.com/topics/immig...tates-timeline

My ancestors came from Europe between 1890 and 1910 about when rules
were as I stated. I read an Englishman's book written in that time
period and he envied our system. People do not like hearing this but I
also read in Mein Kampf that even Hitler envied it.

I'd have to ask my mother (who took up genealogy as a hobby after she
retired), but I think some of my ancestors came here in the early 1700s.

Cindy Hamilton

My daughter in laws sister is a member of the DAR and this would qualify
my daughter in law and my youngest granddaughter.

I believe I'm disqualified from the DAR by having been born out of wedlock.

At least, that's my fervent hope.

Cindy Hamilton

DNA tests may tell you something you do not want to know. Mine
uncovered a cousin who was the illegitimate son of a cousin. He was
given up for adoption. Cousin is deceased but her older brother who is
still living did not even know about it.

My daughter in laws sister had her DNA tested and found 2% African. She
told their parents to get tested to see where it came from. I asked my
daughter in law what she thought of it and she said, "It just means one
of my ancestors was adventuresome."

Thanks. I don't have any interest in DNA tests. I don't have any siblings,
children, and only one first cousin whom I've never met. I have some second
cousins whom I haven't seen in about 30 years.

Cindy Hamilton

I had one. It had not surprises. My grandparents all came from Poland
and the DNA shows the origins are central Europe.

I have some cousins I've not seen in over 60 years and I'm OK with that.

I have a brother I haven't seen in over a year, and I'm just fine
with that too. (one of 3 left)