Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Trew Michael Trew is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On 5/6/2021 1:08 PM, wrote:
I'm somewhat familiar with the area. It was a midpoint for our annual
pilgrimage home. I also worked a bit West of there in Akron (lived in
Kent) for a year. Except for Amish country, a rather depressing area.
If you have a job, I suppose it's affordable.

Yes, it is a depressed area. I drive 45 minutes to Robinson, PA to work
(very close to the Pittsburgh airport). Most people that have a
half-way decent job commute to Pittsburgh. It's a trade off that one
must be willing to make.

Years ago, when I was still in school, my parents moved us here from
Pittsburgh because my Step dad worked at the Nuclear power plant in
Shippingport... it took his commute from an hour to 15 minutes. I can't
justify leaving because I feel much more comfortable than I did in the
city. Cost of living in PA is far greater, unfortunately.