Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On 5/6/2021 11:06 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

This is a classic case of some one ****ing on your boots and telling you
it is raining.

Inflated materials costs should no longer be inflated, there has not
been a reason for high materials cost for several months. But when the
uneducated first time home buyers are willing to pay those
extraordinarly prices why would a supplier go back to regular pre-covid
pricing.

Don't blame it all on "uneducated first time buyers". This particular case
involves homes being built for the retirement segment. Single level, no
trip hazards, wider "aisles" for ease of getting around so they can age
at home.

Uneducated? *Maybe* but since the houses are still being built, that
must mean that the older crowd is just as ignorant as the youngsters.

There are about 300,000 people a year moving to Florida. Even at 3 to a
household that is a lot pf houses or apartments. Building is crazy in
this area

There is talk of a planned community about 10 miles from me with 7000
homes. That will have a population more than the town I moved from.