Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry[_44_] Larry[_44_] is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3a_OT=3a_Chauvin_Juror_Caught_Red_Handed=e2 =80=a6Convi?=?Q?ction_Toast=e2=80=a6?=

On 5/6/21 3:17 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 9:33:31 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 10:41:17 AM UTC-4, Art60430 wrote:
Chauvin did not get an impartial jury

A juror on the Derek Chauvin trial who told the court that he had no prior knowledge of the George Floyd civil case was photographed last August wearing a shirt that read €śGet your knee off
our necks€ť and €śBLM.€ť He stated last week that he saw jury duty as a means to €śspark some change.€ť€¦

https://populist.press/chauvin-trial...k-some-change/

Somehow I suspect that the part about said juror telling the court that he had
no prior knowledge about the case isn't true. I know he said that he had not
participated in any anti-police protests. That seems to be the center of the new
issue for another trial. A lot more questions need to be asked and answered
here. So far what I see is that he was at a rally in DC on the anniversary of
MLK's speech, wearing a "get your boot off our necks" T shirt. Whether that's
enough, IDK and maybe there is more. He may have truthfully answered the
questions asked in court with his minimal answers, but if he was a decent,
upstanding citizen, he should have stated that he had been at the rally,
wearing that T shirt. It would have spared us the drama, cost and all the
BS with a new trial, if it comes to that. I've said before I think he should get
a new trial because the request for a change of venue was not granted.
That trial never should have taken place in Minneapolis.

Key legal question for at least one point related to the juror:

Can the MLK rally in DC be defined as an "anti-police protest"?
If not, then he probably told the truth.

I'd compare this situation to the type of thing that attorney's (on both
sides of any case) do all the time. If they can (legally) do it, then
so can a potential juror.

It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the€”if he€”if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not€”that is one thing.

As we all recall, Democrats frequently redefine the meaning of words.