Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem618 Markem618 is offline

Default How deep into the wood should a screw go?

On Thu, 06 May 2021 14:57:04 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 06 May 2021 13:46:21 -0500, Markem618
wrote:

Wow! I don't want to be the next guy remodeling the place. I bet
you're going to hang wall paper on it too. ...and use Elmer's?

Actually, a friend remodeled commercial office spaces, he used liquid
nail to attach 5/8" fire rated drywall to the steel wall studs.

I suppose those who do commercial demo don't have the same problems as
residential.

As for the till the glue dries comment, you shooting for curmudgeon of
the year, or have you forgotten Norm of New Yankees Workshop.

Must I admit that I know anything about Norm?

He would put a few brads in it till the glue dries.

The liquid nails was because of the jets flying into Ohare, the walls
would rattle more without it, it was done at the landlords request.

Demo was easy sawzall cuts every 4 foot, sledge at the bottom of the
wall, you get 4 x 8 wall section to the dumpster.