Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default Why are revlimiters uneven?

On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

You're getting **** all performance if you've gone over the power curve anyway.

The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.

And you ****ed up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

No, the guy that made the group ****ed it up. How did you notice?

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.