Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default I am being told that vertical radiators are not as efficient for the same volumetric flow as horizontal radiators.

"Robin" wrote in message
On 06/05/2021 12:55, jon wrote:

What is this nonsense, heat is dissipated by radiation, convection or
conduction so how come efficiency becomes a problem.

As I think I said the last time this came up, my physics is nowhere near
good enough to decide "by inspection" whether a vertical or horizontal
radiator is better at transferring heat to a room.

Yes, you clearly have that problem. Plenty of us dont.

And (like some others)

Who have the same problem.

I saw too many /known/ unknowns - e.g laminar flow? temperature of air
exiting top? chimney effect? - quite apart from the possible unknown^2

None of that matters. What matters is the vertical distance.

There is no chimney effect with a radiator.

Ah yes:

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.d-i-y...m/lwVTe0U-U3YJ