Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default H05VV-F cable special or generic?

On Thu, 06 May 2021 15:27:19 +0100, Theo wrote:

David wrote:
The reels of white generic cable (one of which came from Texas going by
the label) are 1.5mm so above specification but potentially thicker.

Should be fine, assuming it will fit.

Probably best to buy new.

Do you have any mains leads (eg for old computers or whatever) that you
can sacrifice? They may be of the right thickness.

Theo

Thanks.

That though did cross my mind.
I must have drawers full.
Just need to find one that is long enough.
Also not too thick.

I might even find one with a moulded plug.
It must be years since I fitted an old MK style screw top 13 amp plug.

Cheers

Dave R