Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Water tower to dwelling

On 05/05/2021 21:52, ARW wrote:
I passed it a few months ago and I had no idea what what happening - I
saw the scaffolding and just assumed it was a bit of maintenance.

I passed it again this week and saw the new glass so did some research.

A couple of photos from tonight.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...atertower1.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...atertower2.jpg

You can view the planning permission here

https://www.wakefield.gov.uk/plannin...cations-online

or somewhere on there

and search for

16/01858/FUL

And it looks from the photos that they have cladded the concrete instead
of cleaning it. A pity really as it distracts from the main original
design feature of the building - brutalism concrete.

It also looks like level 1 has an outside door.

And they could gone the whole hog like that Grand Design in south London
a few yeara ago which was built as crescent-shaped structure and the
owners decided to have curved double-glazed glass patio doors and
windows to match the curve of the building.

The company that made them did actually manage to get the glass
panels to curve correctly, even though they weren't sure if they could.