Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Toyota wires are thinner

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 05 May 2021 13:34:29 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 05 May 2021 13:10:37 -0400, micky
wrote:

The wires in my Toyota are much thinner than the wires in any of my
American cars were.

It matters only when I'm trying to splice wires, and I have to be more
careful not to cut the wires while stripping the insulation.

I've only used these once or twice - but no issues :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg3qBZZm5DU

https://www.sherco-auto.com/t-tap-connectors.html

I wrote a nice, interesting answer, and then it all got lost in a crash.
It's so much harder to write the same thing again,

Yeah, its bloody annoying too.

but maybe tomorrow I will. I also want to look at the car again.

(A good wire stripper won't solve the problem for a couple reasons.)