Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Old Interior Doors

On 5 May 2021 at 16:31:43 BST, "Tricky Dicky" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 10:49:39 AM UTC+1, Clive Arthur wrote:
Loads of old panelled Victorian doors in our house. OF course, these
have been painted many times and the panels are immovable and often
cracked. Filling and painting is a bit Forth bridge like.

If I had some thin material which wouldn't crack and looked like wood or
maybe was wood, I could cover the panels with this. The slight loss of
depth probably wouldn't show.

What might work?

--
Cheers
Clive

There are plenty of companies that will strip down old doors using a dipping
process. Might be worthwhile doing and you might discover the door is in
better condition than you imagine.

Richard

Yes, I did that. Some of them are a bit ropey but I've got used to it, and
overall much prefer the look of a stripped door to painted.

--
Cheers, Rob