Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default TOT elections - second choice.

On 05/05/2021 03:33 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 04/05/2021 10:39 pm, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 4 May 2021 18:32:27 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 04/05/2021 18:12, T i m wrote:

The resident permit thing wasn't voted in by the locals and I'm not
sure if anything else is in the works.

A good idea some people said until they discovered the financial cost of
the permit, the number of permits would be limited to one per household
and limited to the number of parking spaces and not the number of
dwellings,

Quite. I have visited friend in such a zone and they had to give me a
morning / afternoon pass from their allocation.

for some it came as a shock that it didn't guarantee a space
outside their home and those without a permit could not park in other
more distant surrounding streets because of the proposed resident
parking restrictions there.

Yup.

I believe around my way no planning permission is given for houses to be
converted to two or more flats unless there is provision for off road
parking.

I think they were enforcing an 'One offroad parking space per bedroom'
round here at one time for any conversions or new developments but I'm
not sure that still applies.

That was normal in southern England (and maybe elsewhere) until the late
1990s.

Two Jags abolished it; he thought he was being really clever, even that
that phenomenon has never actually been observed in his case. His
abolition of County Parking Standards for residential developments is
the reason why you now seeĀ* - particularly in inner urban areas with
purpose built flats as the predominant housing form - cars parked on
double yellows, around roundabouts, etc.

Erratum: Please read "that that" as "though that".

Mes culpa.