Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Old Interior Doors

Clive Arthur wrote:
Loads of old panelled Victorian doors in our house. OF course, these
have been painted many times and the panels are immovable and often
cracked. Filling and painting is a bit Forth bridge like.

If I had some thin material which wouldn't crack and looked like wood or
maybe was wood, I could cover the panels with this. The slight loss of
depth probably wouldn't show.

What might work?

You can get thin MDF and thin plywood.

I think the thinnest MDF I've seen is around 1/8", 3mm. That won't
'look like wood' really, though it is nice and smooth.

You can get plywood thinner than 1/8", I remember using 1/16" ply on a
model boat many moons ago. That would work pretty well I think, and
it *is* wood! :-)

--
Chris Green
ยท