Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Samsung laser cartridge, ghosting

ss wrote:
Just trying to understand this as I have a new cartridge which I can
install if necessary.
When I print I intermittently get faded black marks on the page, they
are regular markings so obviously coming from one of the rollers, if I
do nothing the page sometimes comes out clean for a 30 page run then I
get some ghosting and it eventually reverts back to a clean page.
I have dismantled the cartridge a couple of times, emptied what I think
is a collector compartment for excess toner and cleaned all the rollers.
It then prints ok for a number of pages and then goes back to ghosting
(intermittently) If I do a run of printing its either all pages clean or
all pages with ghosting. The ghosting is on one side only about 3cms wide.
I have never had this before with a toner cartridge so hoping someone
can identify what the issue is.

I am just curious as I will replace the cart if the problem becomes
excessive. I am on approx 3500 pages with this cart and refilled once, I
normally get around 5000 before it stops working due to the chip.

Corona wire ?

If you tell us the model number, there might be a nice
manual with a picture of what to clean.

I only had to clean corona wire a couple times at work,
so as a maintenance item, it doesn't come up all that often.
(I'm the guy that pulls all the crumpled paper
out of the printer, when nobody else could be bothered.)

Paul