Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default tests to do on used oscilloscope?

Ralph Mowery wrote:
===================

I also own a modern Rigol DSO but don't like it much ....

Phil does your Rigol DSO work well in the X/Y mode ?

** Nope.

Does Lissajous patterns bout as well as a dog waking on its hind legs.

I am like you, for many things I perfer the Techtronic 465B scope I have
over the DSO, but for some things the DSO is better for me.

** Yep, I drag it out only for special jobs like one shot events.

I did build a 2 inch scope in high school. I think it only had 3 tubes
that handled the signals. One for the horizontal, one for the vertical,
and one for the sweep generator. Couple of more were rectifiers. It
probably topped out not much above the audio range.

** Still better than having no scope.
My 3 inch tube scope does 2MHz.

...... Phil