Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Wind anxiety

On Tue, 4 May 2021 18:36:12 +0100, GB
wrote:

snip

I'm always concerned when you see the scaffolding, sheeting and
corrugated steel roof they often use these days when fitting a dormer
/ loft extension on peoples houses.

Nice for the workers when it's not particularly windy but raining but
when it's blowing a gale ... ;-(

I'm probably daft, but I cross the road to avoid such scaffolding.

Well, given people *do* get killed by such things I don't think it's
daft at all, especially during windy weather.

I had a colleague who was injured when some builders hoardings fell on
her as she was walking along the road. So, it does happen to people you
know, or at least that I know!

Quite. 'Better to be safe than sorry' (as long as you don't get hit by
an EV as you cross the road). ;-)

Cheers, T i m