Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default chainsaw

On 04/05/2021 17:51, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 4 May 2021 14:28:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

I just dropped the saw onto my hand once and it *was* very very sharp.
;-(

I have a similar sounding one by Darlac - designed for the end of an
extending pole.

We had a cheap one of those (Lidl type pole pruner) and it was handy
(while it lasted). ;-)

Curved pull saw configuration, very sharp and quick -
although difficult to undercut the branch with if working at much height
(partly because the limited angle you can get from the ground and partly
the amount of leverage any weight on the end of the pole gets on *you*
when extended out at 5m or more (plus the weight of the pole)

Understood. The pole needs to be made of a carbon fibre tube so that
it's both stiff and light as the shape and weight of the saw itself
should do most the work?

Mine is a three section Ali pole - not that heavy in itself... The saw
is not too bad. The drawstring cutoff head however is quite a bit heavier.

--
Cheers,

John.