JD

Default "Ditching" a realtor?

wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:51:22 GMT, "JD"
wrote:

We don't use attorneys in CA. Besides, if you don't use a realtor, how

are
you going to see those houses?

How do y'all handle FSBO transactions? I wouldn't want to do one of
those deals without the guidance of an experienced RE attorney!

I've never been personally involved in a FSBO transaction but I have heard
of different methods and one of them is using attorneys. Some rely on their
escrow agent for everything except the actual contract.

Even with the market as hot as it is, I see fewer and fewer FSBO's here. I
think it's because the laws have gotten more complex and the typical buyer
and seller feels a lot more comfortable having an agent.

As a licensee, I could never be part of a brokerless transaction, but I
would advise any FSBO party to indeed get an attorney.