Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Wind anxiety

On Wed, 5 May 2021 03:01:35 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

[1] We like the Khyam range of 'Rapidex' (quick erect) tents

I love my unbranded tent. Its square, you just lay it on the ground,
stake the 4 corners, go inside and raise it with the single pole in
the center.

Is this a pole that goes to the ground as I think I have seen some
that open up like an umbrella with a pull-cord in the middle but here
is no pole that reaches the ground?

Easy to put up in a gale, just stake the upwind side
corners first.

Std practice for most tents if it's windy.

No guys at all.

Most 'guyless' tents come with the option for guys for when they are
being used in a storm etc (and the instructions recommend you use
them).

Even my inflatable 'igloo' that could just be pegged out on the two
upwind corners' and inflated became much more pleasant inside without
it blowing all over the place. It looked like this:

https://ibb.co/9TBfH0s

Cheers, T i m