Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohg...@gmail.com is offline

Default DMM

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 11:24:41 AM UTC-4, Peter W. wrote:
It is, but it doesn't always answer the question. That link doesn't either.

THE TOOL IS SHIPPING FROM OUTSIDE THE US.
If the cutter you have your eye on is coming from outside the US, be careful. Thats not to say you cant or shouldnt buy our cutters from international sources. We sell all over the world to service the global marketplace. However, it is unlikely an authorized distributor would import cutters into their home country and ship them back to the US for an extremely low price.

That doesn't directly prove their origin. My old Plato cutters have a made in U.S.A printed in them. I haven't seen one picture of the new pliers that say this and no mention from the manufacturer that they still are (they used to advertise them as such). Where they're shipped from isn't proof. If Techspray gets a container of them from the Far East, they can get them into their distribution network just as easily and at less cost than they could likely make them.

I sent them an email and will report back when I get a reply.