Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default OT: Wind anxiety

R D S wrote:
There's a recognised phobia of wind, I don't think i'm at that level,
i'm not curled up in the foetal position but I am in my office in the
loft at work and the gusts are making me tense up.

Didn't sleep very well last night with gusts hammering the house.
I've lived there 20+ years and it's a windy spot but in all that time
the only issues we've had are a couple of lost slates (and several
flattened green cheap greenhouses).
It doesn't help that I was out at 5.30am recently collecting the
contents of our recycling bin from the street in a gale/****ing down rain.

I get particularly stressed with open windows and have to have them all
shut, especially so if we are away from home. I dare myself to leave
them open to (hopefully) demonstrate that they aren't going going to be
torn off but I panic and buckle.

Just wondering how common this is, is anyone else bothered in this way?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancraophobia

"With the use of hypnotherapy, the subconscious mind of a person
can be reached, potentially eliminating those fears."

(8) http://www.peterfieldhypnotherapy.co...of-drafts.html

You don't have to treat it with meds.

Paul