Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default tests to do on used oscilloscope?

Jason Bowers wrote:
===================

** Completely normal.

28MHz is at the limit of the scope's range so no detail is visible on a sine wave.
Also, the amplitude will by down by 30% or so from that at say 5MHz.

30 MHz scopes are are not "flat" to 30MHz but will be at least 3dB down.

...... Phil

Thank you and the others here! The scope seems fine. I was finally
able to find out what happened to the square wave test peg. It
dislodged during shipping. Reattached and a nice 2V PP 1 Khz square wave.

Phil, what you said was confirmed. If I input the signal generator and
set for say 10 Mhz, the frequency and amplitude are spot on.

** Thanks for the confirmation.

FYI:
Analog scopes are one of my favorite things.
I currently own 5 of them.

One I built from new parts when I was 17 - way back in 1970.
Uses 5 tubes ( twin triode and triode pentode types ) plus is fully calibrated.

I also own a modern Rigol DSO but don't like it much ....

...... Phil