Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default The idylls of Toyota transmission fluid

On Mon, 3 May 2021 15:43:11 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
says...

Don't know how to reach the post office in Columbia so I write the
vendor. Webpage asks if I want the item or my money back. I check I
want the item. Tell him the problem and say "9 days to get from
Columbia to Baltimore? What should I do? What should you do?
Thanks."

I have bought several items some from ebay and some direct in the last
few months that have taken several weeks to arrive. Even one priority
mailing took over 2 weeks. At almost every stop there was a lay over of
several days.

One package went from a post office about 20 miles to the north to one
30 miles south , back to the first post office, then to my post office
from the tracking number. The package went by my post office two times
and that office is only about 2 miles off the interstate the package
probably traveled.

About 5 years ago a friend about 50 miles away sent me something that
was about the size of a C cell battery by first class mail. Took almost
3 weeks. I know he would not lie about when he sent it and the post
mark was the same day as he said he sent it.

A couple comments. I virtually ALWAYS check dealer price and
availability FIRST. Then the local aftermarket supplier - If not
available or REDICULOUSLY expensive I do to FleaBay or Amazon or some
place like Rock Auto.

At least I KNOW what is a good idea and what is highway robbery
before ordering - and I can determine what convenience is worth to me
if the dealer has it in stock for a reasonable (comparaive) price

As for shipping - when I was in Zambia back in the seventies I
recieved a package in the mail from Ontario in a few days - and about
a month later I got the letter telling me to expect the package ---