Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem618 Markem618 is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On Mon, 3 May 2021 17:56:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 7:28:36 PM UTC-4, Markem618 wrote:

Seems to be an urban phenomenon, we are rural area near a university.
Prices are normal you can buy a house for 100 thousand that is really
decent. But we will look to move at some point, mowing about 2 1/2
acres with ruts and mole hills realigns things here and there.

Some interesting coincidences here...but not the same options.

They are buying this house in rural area, near a university. The lot
is about 2 1/2 acres. 2 sides of the lot border farmland. The
neighborhood was built on farmland. It’s the only neighborhood
for miles.

$100K houses are nonexistent. Well, I guess there might be a shack
or two. In fact, they can’t believe that this house was listed for *only*
$370K. We’ll see what it appraises at. I bet it will be more than that.

Southern Illinois but the area has always been way behind as far as
housing costs, you can find big money houses. We are on 3.45 acres
paid 190k in 2007, the value on Zillow or Realtor.com is about at that
on the estimates. My wifes commute was 1 stop sign on the way to work,
3 on the way home about 5 minutes. We have done some hardscaping and
had Helitech fix the detroyed drainage. Had some redo of "the sun
room" an addition previous owner put on for his orchids.

So we have been stimulating the local economy as best we can.