Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default chainsaw

"NY" wrote in message
"Chris Green" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote:
What is the pollution like, I see a lot of power tools that seem to push
out
foul smelling blue smoke all the time on strimmers hedge cutters and the
like. Brian

Older. probably, and 2-stroke which necessarily burn some oil and
produce blue smoke. Another reason why I like my 4-stroke Ryobi.

With all the concern about exhaust pollution from petrol and diesel
engines, how long will it be before two-stroke petrol-engined cars, bikes
and power tools (or at least, crankcase-scavenged ones which burn oil) are
outlawed, initially for new sales and later for use?

They already have been in some jurisdictions.