Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leen...@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default OT - Troubleshooting internet issues

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 16:39:12 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
When texas had that extremely bad weather a lot of streams seemed to have
this issue, though quite why so many might have been going via Texas eludes
me. However it could be that local route around were maxing out the systems
here due to the lack of connectivity via the normal route and it was just
too many people with too much data unexpectedly.

I also guess it depends what isp you are on as to how they might mitigate
such things.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

Anyone have any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Download a demo version of pingplotter, it does the same as ping, but with
miles better presentation, e.g. you might the huge delays occur once an
hour, or that they correspond with route changes within or between ISPs

Looking at the IP addresses which seem to be causing the long times in traceroute, they seem to be either BT ones or EE (my ISP) ones.