Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leen...@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Building cabinets - how to square them

On Thursday, 15 April 2021 at 18:18:38 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 15/04/2021 08:45, John Rumm wrote:
On 15/04/2021 02:10, John Rumm wrote:
On 14/04/2021 19:06, wrote:

- very kind of you to offer to draw it thanks
very much but I think I have it - famous last words

Just in case:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Clamp_extenders

Nice! I'm familiar with bench hooks but I'd never thought of either of
those ideas.

Hi All,

Thought I would post an update in case it helps anyone else. I ended up combining a few ideas I made a couple of corners out of 4 x 2 scraps (each cut at 45 deg and screwed together to form a right angle) and then screwed a brace across the ends on top of the 4x2. I then put one on each of the corners of the longer diagonal and a ratchet strap between them to pull them together a notch at a time. This enabled me to measure both diagonals during the process to confirm they were equal.

Thanks

Lee.