Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default chainsaw

On 03/05/2021 13:38, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/05/2021 07:42, williamwright wrote:

I don't know whether to get a petrol or electric chain saw. If
electric a constraint is that I want it to work from the genny, which
is 2kW. The bigger chainsaws are 2.5kW.

What size bar do you need?

Yes, that is the main piece of information not supplied by the OP.

Also worth considering battery powered ones these days - especially if
you are already "bought into" an 18V battery platform. (and you can
always charge them from the genny).

Personally I would now never consider a corded chainsaw, which
simplifies the decision process. I have both cordless (smaller) and
two-stroke (larger). The latter is 20 years old and sometimes reluctant
to start, I have been very impressed with the amount that I can manage
with my "20 volt" Lidl (with about a 10 inch bar).