Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Intermittent OBD2 connector.

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 12:37:34 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
If you leave a plug in an outlet there is no reason to assume it won't
last the rated 50+ years of a NEMA 5-15R, but my point was there is a
limit to the number of insertions beyond which any connector starts to fail.

John :-#)#

My employer switched us all to laptops because we're teleworking half time each. So we have the computer in a docking station at one location with connection via an USB-C, and at home just on a power cord and wifi. That's a lot of connecting and unconnecting on the USB-C. Figure 200 plus work days in the office with an insertion/outsertion cycle daily; i wonder when they will get flakey.