Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter W. Peter W. is offline

Default DMM

The Channellock Story

I could buy this at Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/9-in-l...ers-63820.html

I could buy this at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Channellock-3.../dp/B00004SBD6

One keeps a small town in Pennsylvania vibrant, and its residents employed in good family-supporting jobs. The other does not. One will not spatter if one cuts a live wire (ask me how I know that). The other will - thankfully, not my experience, other than I had to transport that individual to a urgent-care facility immediately thereafter.

Bad tools injure, and sometimes kill their users - simply by being bad tools. Good tools require some level of abuse to do the same. I have had my pair of box-joint linesman plies for over 40 years now. So when it came time to purchase a second pair for our summer house - it was Channellock, even though it may get used perhaps 3 or 4 times per year.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA