Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Silly Bergers

On 03/05/2021 08:13, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Davey
writes

I understand it, wet-wipes are described as 'biodegradeable'
when they are not, at least within the time frame that matters.

AIUI, not ''biodegradeable', but 'flushable'.

Flushable is also a misleading term that was/is used by manufacturers of
such products. It just means that if you place it in the toilet bowl it
will disappear when you flush the toilet. There have been a few TV
programs that show such products stay intact for weeks or months after
being put in water.

There may be a perception problem with some products. I have seen wet
toilet wipes - to wipe your arse the comfortable way using soothing Aloe
Vera etc. The small print on the package actually says not to flush
them down the toilet pan but I guess many people using such a product
and after covering it in **** would just automatically dispose of it in
the bowl.