Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On Sun, 02 May 2021 20:59:01 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2021 20:32:45 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 2 May 2021 17:44:19 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/2/2021 4:42 PM, Bill wrote:
On 5/2/2021 3:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Their offer was accepted, not just based on the offer price, but also
based on the appraisal clause. Another offer also had an escalation
clause that maxed out at $410K, but the appraisal clause was only
$13K above the appraisal value, $2K less than their offer. That was
close!

I'll assume my previous message has been read. Color my cynical but all
I have to say is "what a coincidence!".** That said, I congratulate the
buyers on their new home. The way property is appreciating, it will
surely be a great investment in the long run, and you can live in it!

I wonder in 3 to 5 years if the house price today will still be a good
investment when interest rates are back up.

I'm betting there will be a lot of people with upside down mortgages
in 5 to 10 years in several areas of the country. Our area is less
likely to see it than many others due to our resiliant economy - but
%7 would definitely be painfull for MANY buyers - even here.

... move to Milverton ! :-)

https://www.remax.ca/on/milverton-re...d292973981-lst

John T.

Left there in '54.
You remember Whitney Farms?? Dairy and chicken operation out on Perth
road 61 I believe? 3rd farm up from the old railroad tracks? Dad was
herd manager there.