Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_111_] Bill[_111_] is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On 5/2/2021 5:59 PM, Dave Marulli wrote:

My #2 son is an RE agent in
Nevada. Escalation clauses are not legal there. I'm not sure
of Nevada's exact reason, but from my reading it appears that
some jurisdictions don't allow escalation clauses in a real estate
offer because there is no firm dollar offer being made.

In other words, they came to the conclusion, probably through
experience, that it was too easy to generate a spurious offer if one was
needed. I like the quote: "Pop always said, Trust everyone, but always
count your change!". My dad didn't say that, but I live as though he did.