Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_111_] Bill[_111_] is offline

Default OT: House Offer Accepted. What A Crazy Market!

On 5/2/2021 3:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

They submitted an offer at full asking price ($370K), no contingencies.
The offer included an escalation clause. The escalation clause would
automatically increase their offer to $1000 more than the highest offer
submitted, but not to exceed $410K.

That sounds like a system ready to be "gamed" --much like the people who
bid on their own stuff on ebay. Both the buyer's and the seller's
agents have an incentive to sell at a higher price. I'm not saying
anything shady might happen, but I don't like it! : ) If they want to
auction the house then (IMO, they should) auction it in the "light of day"!