Brikp

Default Cabinet depth fridge or not

OK - What do most people do, or wish they had done. I am building a new
house and am shopping for appliances. In considering refrigerators I am
thinking cabinet depth may be nice.

Here is the layout in ASCII art, not to scale of course. Use a proportional
(Courier) font to see it correctly

-------------WW------|
| SS |
| |-------------- |
| | |R |
\_/ |__|
36"----------------|
__R__________________|

an image is here
http://www.thproperties.com/home_pur...ges.html#first

The fridge space is 36" across. The fridge will be directly across from a
peninsula.

(Rounded numbers below)
I do not have exact measurements as the counters are not in yet.
Extrapolating from the simple plans on-line and from spec sheets I figure
the peninsula is about 75" from wall to end. Kitchen wall to wall is 12'7"
That leaves about 75" from wall opposite of peninsula to end of peninsula.
We are looking at the Whirlpool Conquest for example. It extends 33 1/4"
from wall. That will leave 41" from door (excluding handle) to peninsula.
When door (SbS) is open that will leave 23". If we go with Cabinet depth it
will gain us probably 7 or 8 inches.

OK - Space aside. There is enough room to do either. Then you have the look
and the cost. I do like the more flush look but I'm not sure its worth the
extra almost 50% cost increase to get the smaller fridge. If I get feedback
that it will definitely bee too tight then I will go that route. If y'all
say its plenty of room then it just comes down to paying for the look.

BTW - There is no side to the fridge space so the fridge side will be
visible to the right. I may add that after we move in.

What do y'all think???

Thanks in advance!