Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default rewinding tractor starter motor

On 02/05/2021 13:19, AJH wrote:
On 02/05/2021 12:14, nightjar wrote:

I didn't see that, but it was the first hit I got on a Google search
for motor rewinding supplies. There are plenty of motor rewinders in
the UK and they must get their supplies from somewhere.

Thanks for taking the trouble to look. In the meanwhile I have ordered a
sheet of 0.5mm PTFE, the adhesive PTFE covered fibre glass tape and some
exhaust paint. The PTFE won't be here till June and I hope the new motor
will be fitted by then, so I will do a repair at my leisure.

Full marks for considering a fairly out of the normal repair. That's one
job I have never done myself (although having seen from YouTube how it
is done, I realise it is not quite so daunting as it appeared when I was
a cash-strapped youth).