Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT - Smart meters and EDF Energy

On 30/04/2021 10:02, charles wrote:
In article , Chris Green
wrote:
"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote:
Well, I actually want EDF to put one in and am still waiting. It seems
dual fuel installations have priority. I also need the talking terminal
bit since otherwise there is little point from my point of view. The
main issue with non sending of data applies to the gas part normally,
Its powered by a single cell battery, and it has to be changed
regularly, and it seems the timing of this has been cocked up for two
main reasons. 1 Covid 19, and 2 many people moving energy companies and
the change dates were lost. It seems to me that this is a design flaw,
why not make the bloody battery user changeable?

It does rather seem to make smart meters even more pointless than I
thought they were if they still need visits by meter readers. Meter
readers will become meter feeders.

Since having had smart meters for both gas and electricity since June 2017,
I have not had a visit from a meter reader. At least nobody has asked to
come indoors to read the electricity one.

EDF have just accepted my readings (*) for years, and I shout the
gas meter reading through the window to the Morrisons? guy who
still comes round to read the gas meter. They have just accepted
this method for ages too. They haven't physically looked at the
meter for years.

(*) online