Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silly Bergers

Yes we had one in Kingston and I asked at the time why these things are not
spotted sooner, the answer of course is that they don't look for a problem
until its large enough to affect the system. Nobody routinely puts a robot
camera down in problem areas near baby booms or chip chops perhaps?
:-)

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
"Engineers are working around the clock to clear a "monster" fatberg 1km
long which is clogging a sewer in Birmingham.

The blockage is not expected to be removed until June, water services
company Severn Trent said in a statement, adding that the fatberg was about
four miles east of the city centre, in Hodge Hill.

The mass is thought to weigh about 300 tonnes - equivalent to 250 cars. The
water services company was alerted to the stoppage after its sensors
detected rising water levels in the sewer."

Written as adulation of their sensors.

But just how sensitive do they need to be? Could they not have been
triggered when it was only 999 metres long and 299 tonnes/249 cars?

It is a 300 tonne fail. They need to detect before the fatbergs get so
immense - however they do it.