Dan J.S.

Default "Ditching" a realtor?

"dm" wrote in message
om...
I've been working with a realtor over the last several
months. Although I have had no luck in striking a deal
(a couple of "almosts") so far, I really like her and
she has been very helpful. We've gone out 8-10 times
looking at houses, so her investment is significant.

However, I have found a FSBO that I really like, and am
considering making an offer. I feel horrible about it,
almost to the point where I hope they would reject it.
I know this is irrational. But if I try to let her
in on it, and take her 2-3% cut, it will surely price
me out of the deal. Is there a way to handle this
situation, short of forgetting this house?

This is their job. Sometimes they get paid and sometimes they do not. There
are more and more homes FBSO. In this day and age, when average price of
homes (in my neighborhood) is over $500k, even 4% commission is way too much
for the work they do.