Default Buying a much bigger house

(v) wrote in message

The guy who strains to buy a big big house...

There was nothing in OPs post to suggest he was straining to do
anything. There was something in OPs post indicating that he was NOT
living beyond his means. Rather, he indicated that he was living in a
$200k condo and putting extra payments on the mortgage there.

He was NOT asking if he SHOULD buy the $800k house some day, only
whether he should save up for it where he was, or follow "friend's"
advice to buy a $400k place NOW. I think "friend" is the one you
should be attacking.

What his Friend was telling him was to buy a $400k house, now,
claiming that this would 'help' him to get the $800k house sooner.

I see no indication that he won't be able to carry the $800k house
after he saves up the down payment by paying off his condo. I think
you are unjustifiably projecting someone else's sins on OP.

-v.

Some cats have black spots.
Jax is a cat.
Therefore Jax has black spots.

... Ok, you caught me in a logic error and OP may be immersed in cash
BUT millions upon millions of folks in this country suffer self
imposed grief over money just because our society tells us at every
turn to spend, spend, spend SO MANY DO. Earlier this year my own
dentist told me (while sitting in his chair with interrogation lights
in my eyes) that I need to buy a bigger house. Why??? Our home is
6-bedrm 4-bath 3-car garage 3,300 sq ft with 4-whole people living
here. I looked up this dentist on the county mainframe to learn he
has two mortgages totaling a tad more than his home's value while my
little cottage has been debt free for over 10-years. So when dentists
and almost everyone else is suggesting we all super-size our spending,
perhaps my little squeeky voice calling for a bit of frugality isn't
such a major sin.

Sometimes the greatest financial blessing heaven can grant us, has to
do with not craving more and bigger stuff.

"Man's wants are insatiable but his resources are limited" ~ ECON 101.

Frugality is a survivable comfortable mindset, so what's in your
wallet?