Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Lawmaker Banned From Alaska Airlines After Refusing To Wear A Mask

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 9:33:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:45:20 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:
writes:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 19:33:05 -0400, micky
wrote:

mostly I want to send this to a friend, but for the same effort, I
thought I'd post it here too:

https://nowthisnews.com/news/republi...to-wear-a-mask
Republican Lawmaker Banned From Alaska Airlines After Refusing To Wear A
Mask

State Sen. Lora Reinbold (R-AK) reportedly had to travel more than 14
hours by car and ferry to AlaskaĆ¢‚¬„¢s capital Juneau to attend MondayĆ¢‚¬„¢s
legislative session.

Alaska Air probably should hope they never have a regulatory decision
made in her committee. It might go poorly for them.

She's a state rep. The FAA controls airline regulation.

The FAA regulates what they do in the air but on the ground it is the
local government. The Ted Stevens airport is owned by the Alaska DOT.

To think some state senator is controlling gates, etc at airports
or Alaska Air's business is absurd. I don 't see any evidence that she;s on
any committees that have anything to do with Alaska Airlines. Again, instead
of just saying, oops I missed that, you just double down. And what was the
airline to do? Give her a special exemption because she's a loon Republican
in the legislature?